If you want to keep your body tuned to overcome the daily challenges successfully, then make your exercise schedule comply with the rules of thumb I have set up below. Keep in mind that vacuuming, taking the stairs or working is not exercise. I agree that doing your daily activities is much better than sitting in your armchair doing nothing, but it is just not enough if you want a body for success.
If you want to stay in shape and be vital then you need to exercise all your life; make exercise part of your lifestyle. You need to exercise all aspects of your body.
- Exercise 3-4 times a week
- Vary your training
- Focus each training pass on cardio workout, strength training or stretching.
- Do specialised training (e.g. swimming technique or rowing or martial arts) Specialised training will help you setting and reaching goals.
- Be consistent – attend training even if you do not feel up to it. Usually you will feel better during or after training.
- Read and philosophise to exercise your brain.
- Have fun exercising (e.g. play games)
I attend swimming twice a week and go to the fitness centre as often as possible and I run 7 km once a week. I can recommend the fitness centre because it offers different work out classes that makes it easy to vary training.
If you are thinking: “I do not have time for all that” or “I am to tired to do all that exercise” – then it is time for you to get started because you will realise that you will get the time and energy to do it. You will feel more energetic and efficient in your daily routines.
Exercise prevents heart disorders, stress, workplace injuries and mental disorders.
JUST DO IT!